The European Association of Corporate Treasurers (EACT) is a not-for-profit organisation bringing together as its members national treasury and finance professional associations (NTAs) in Europe.
In 2002, the founding members of the EACT were the following NTAs: AFTE, ASSET, ATEB, ATEL, DACT, IACT and VDT.
In 2022, the EACT gathers 24 NTAs from 19 European Union countries plus Switzerland, United Kingdom and Russia. They bring together about 14,000 members representing 6,500 groups/companies.
Click here to read the EACT brochure 'The Voice of Corporate Treasurers in Europe' and find out more.
Read a special feature written for the 20th anniversary celebration of the association, documenting the evolution with quotes from past Chairs.
The EACT mission is to:
- Promote the treasury profession in terms of what this means for individual treasurers and also in terms of the external perception of the value and role of the treasury profession;
- Support wherever realistic and possible the professional development of treasurers in the NTAs, such as by knowledge sharing, access to training and encouragement of treasury qualifications, career support, providing networking opportunities and celebrating professional achievements;
- Advocate and in general seek to influence regulatory and other initiatives within the European Union and internationally, wherever these initiatives impact how treasurers can operate to reduce financial risks, add value or address their responsibilities. For more information please read the EACT brochure 'Vision on financial regulation for the real economy for the next 5 years'.
The EACT’s objectives include:
- Develop and strengthen relationships with European bodies;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with other International bodies impacting treasury and finance;
- Share views and undertake joint action in response to issues in treasury and corporate finance as well as in relationships with financial partners;
- Seek to influence regulatory and other initiatives within the European Union and internationally;
- Develop coordination and cooperation between its members;
- Promote and raise the profile of the treasury profession by organising working groups, workshops and conferences;
- Support the professional development of treasurers in the NTAs;
- Undertake joint research.
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
ÖPWZ - Forum Finanzen
Austrian Corporate Treasury Association
Association des Trésoriers d'Entreprise en Belgique
Croatian Association of Corporate Treasurers
Ceska Asociace Treasury
Finnish Association of Corporate Treasurers
Association Française des Trésoriers d'Entreprise
Association of Chief Financial Officers Germany
Verband Deutscher Treasurer
Hellenic Association of Treasurers
Hungarian Treasury Club
Irish Association of Corporate Treasurers
Associazione Italiana Tesorieri d' Impresa
Luxembourg Association of Corporate Treasurers
Dutch Association of Corporate Treasurers
Polish Corporate Treasurers Association
The Association of Treasurers of Romania
Slovenská Asociácia Financníkov
Slovenian Corporate Treasurers Association
Asociación Española de Financieros y Tesoreros de Empresa
Swedish Association for Corporate Treasurers
Swiss Treasury Association
The Association of Corporate Treasurers
EACT BOARD OFFICIALS
François Masquelier (2002 - 2004)
Pierre Poncet (2004 - 2007)
Olivier Brissaud (2007 - 2008)
Richard Raeburn (2008 - 2015)
Jean-Marc Servat (2015 - 2021)